lemonlime's 'puter pics thread (56K warning)

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited April 2005 in Hardware
I've had these JPEGs on my pc for quite a while, never got around to posting them. The first three are from my current build. I'll post some of my AXP system as well, during my watercooling setup (what fun that was) :D.. Check out the tiny amount of clearance between the rad and the PSU. I had to bend the thin metal support to get it to fit.

I haven't gotten around to putting my X850 back into the loop. My first card went belly up several days after getting it. I wanted to make VERY sure this one was A-OK before messing with the stock cooler. Its been good for over a month, so I feel pretty comfortable switching it over. That same block made a TREMENDOUS difference on my 9800 pro (took it to over 480 core).

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    The Dremmel and I got very close! Took a while, these Antec cases are not like the Cheneming Aluminum jobbers, that is THICK metal. Went through several wheels to get through that.

And, yes, those are Zip-ties holding the fans onto the rad. Much safer than self tapping screws, and they do the job nicely. :D
    edited April 2005
    This is what the final product looked like. Top mounted rad is performing VERY well.

Oh the Deltas.. how glad I am that you now reside in a cardboard box. Those friggin things were VERY loud. I could hear my rig anywhere in my house when at 12V. They were replaced shortly afterwards with Panaflow H1A (BX model) fans, on a vantec fan controller. Much better tempered, and still perform really well. I am currently running my A64 at 2.6GHz, 1.45Volts, and I get a full load temperature of 36 degrees celsius. I would not consider my system quiet, but it is not terribly loud either.
    edited April 2005
    Here are some pics of my older system, A7N8X-E and my 3000+ Barton. Had it running at 235x10.5 with some OCZ Platinum Rev.1 (CH-5 I believe). 9800 Pro at 480 core. You can see the custom cable sleeving on my old Antec 430 as well.

DD Maze4 GPU, performs great..
    edited April 2005
    Here is a full-frontal (current rig).. Pioneer DVR-108 (I think that is the model, not 100% sure :D) Vantec fan controller (great controller btw), and Mitsumi Floppy/card reader. I didn't plan on picking up another floppy, but I found it just too bloody annoying without one.

lemonlime: "I think I'm going to reinstall windows.."
    lemonlime: "Let me see, I have my XP disc.."
    lemonlime: "Okay, booting from CD.."
    lemonlime: "Press F6 to... Oh for F*** sake.."

/me throws raid driver floppy across the room
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Lemon... looks really good. Nice planning and great pictures. Ever consider writing a quick article about your modding the case and the steps you followed. Any problems, any quick tips?

You could earn $50!!!! PM Prime for more info.
    edited April 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Lemon... looks really good. Nice planning and great pictures. Ever consider writing a quick article about your modding the case and the steps you followed. Any problems, any quick tips?

You could earn $50!!!! PM Prime for more info.

Not quite sure my Dremmel skills are article worthy, but perhaps I could write something up on custom watercooling or the likes. I have been trying to think of some ideas for an article :thumbsup: