34,000 points per week

DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
That's what I could have with the 600 point Gromacs if all 17 of the identical P4's that I have all got only them.
I can't believe how much I love those 600 pointers....

Anyone else noticing a bump in production because of those wu's?

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm getting all qmd 450 pointers now ...
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2005
    Wow. You could do how-many-months-worth of my work in under a week.

That is both very sad, and very amazing. I think I've only got, like, 2,000 points cooking right now, all told. And that'll take practically a week, with how things run around here.

:-/
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    DanG wrote:
    ...600 point Gromacs...Anyone else noticing a bump in production because of those wu's?
    Absolutely. Bigtime production bumpification.

My A64 3500+ will hit a 2,000+ ppw average on those. When I get the measly under 100-point WU's the ppw average drops below 1,000. The ppw numbers are lower, but I see an increase on my lesser rigs, too.

I try to be philosophical about it; maybe one of those tiny WU's will turn out to be the key to finding a cure for something. :)
  • edited April 2005
    Prof, if you think the 600 pointers are nice on your A64 machine, wait until you get some p147x series on them. My A64 mobile clawhammer system I built last month has gotten 3 of them in a row and right now, with it overclocked to 2385 MHz, it's averaging a little over 3700 points/week rate. :eek::D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Wow! :wow:

Are those beta WU's? I'll get over there and sign up right now. :D

PS: Can you offer any advice in this thread?

I think you're the go-to man on this one. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    Prof, I just replied my latest suggestions to MrBill; that's about the best I can come up with. I've never heard of the problem he's having before. :scratch:

As far as the p147x wu's go, the ones I've been getting lately are beta but I imagine they will be going to -advmethods soon as I think they've been pretty troublefree so far. There are also some p1476 wu's out there being released and they have been -advmethods for a while and the ones I've been working the last few days are just a follow-on to them.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    QMD 450 pointers are our favourite meals. Dish em up anytime. :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Yeah the ones that are 364 points are the best I have seen. My 1.6 P-M does 3700PPW and it takes A LOT higher clocked A64 to beat it. 2.4 AXP-M does around 2k with the same WU.