Tempeture

BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
edited April 2005 in Hardware
What should the average tempeture be?

Just dont want my computer overheating.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    CPU should generally be 90-120F. Ideally.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    It all depends. Most temp reading aren't very accurate.
    By the time that you factor in cup, mobo, hsf, case and room temp; well it is easy to see a lot of variation.
    My machines CPU temps run: 42, 49, 32 and 35 (all deg C) at full load.

When you build a machine you need to get a feel for the temp. Then as time passes and you modify things you will be able to tell if you are pushing the temp up, or helping run cooler.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited April 2005
    Should I take off another metal slot off my computer.

For more ventelation.

PCI metal slots.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I don't think that'd make much of a difference. If your temps are high (what are they?), you'd probably be better off upgrading or adding fans.

The cheapest and quickest fix is to remove any dust that's collected inside.
  • edited April 2005
    if i keep my stock presario s5400nx clean should i have to worry about over heating? folding is the only real computin this machine does at this point. i'm sure there is a bunch of computin power that's just sitting. if i can fold with more of it without causeing any problems i'd be more than happy to do so. i take direction well. kinda.

shortly
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Actually, folding uses all of your processing power that you're not using. So if it's just sitting there, it'll take 99%. If you're playing games or typing a document, it'll only use what's left over.

Because of that, you probably should check the dust accumulation every 2 or 3 months.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited April 2005
    you spelled the title wrong- its "temperature" :D