Flash/Swish sites

edited April 2005 in Internet & Media
I would like my own site. I know nothing about HTML, XHTML or CSS. I'm actually not interested enough to learn. Question is, Can I run a purely Flash or Swish site or do they have to be inserted into Dreamweaver or something? All it will be used for is a 'Vanity' site, to show my digital illustrations etc. and a 'contact' button.
Thanks to whoever responds

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I think you're still going to need to know a tiny little bit of HTML to position the flash animation where you want it, and also to send someone to macromedia's website in case they don't have the flash player installed. HTML is easy though, I found flash much harder to learn.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Ja, if you want a site that is any good at all from a professional standpoint, you will need to either learn some code or hire someone to do it for you...
  • edited April 2005
    The entire site is a flash animation. I have built them @ 1024x768 and when I test them in my browser they load full screen. They also are as interactive as I require.
    I have an e-mail link and sprite commands in the thumbnails which will blow the image up to full screen. There is no positioning to be done that I'm aware of. This is really going to be a simple site. No scrolling or pages. Just a flash movie with thumbnails of my illustrations that will blow up when you mouseover. Plus a contact button. I suppose I'll get whoever is going to host this thing to tell me what I need. Thanks
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Ja, that's the next step, cause if what you have is a self-contained Flash, that needs no HTML page or anything to give it cotext or placement, then all you need to do is host it somewhere, and link people to it...