profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
That's not a typo, team. I know we just announced the new host of SM24, but we have a couple of holes to fill on the roster of SMx computers.

Due to circumstances which have previously been publicly discussed, (and need not be rehashed), SM12 has been idle for quite some time. Far too long, as a matter of fact.

That is about to change.

This computer Folds under the name Icrontic12 and needs a host who is willing to help it regain its rightful place among the early SMx Project rigs.
:smokin:

Here's what Team 93 donations have made possible:
SM12 Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS A7V133 rev. 1.04
CPU: Athlon 1000 (Thunderbird)
Hard Drive: (To be determined)
Display Adapter: AOpen PG80 AGP (SiS 6326)
Memory: 256MB PC100
NIC: D-Link DFE-530TX+
Case: (To be determined)

There will be an abbreviated signup period for this SMx rig, ending Sunday evening EDT - approximately 72 Hours from now.

Continuing our new policy of Globalization, candidates of every continent are eligible. :thumbsup: :ukflag: :sweflag: :ausflag: :welshflag :usflag: :canflag:

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. Detailed specs are available in the attached file.

Be a part of our team's history - Sign Up Now! :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Let's get SM12 back on track! :rockon:
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    First person to sign up!

Count me in. :celebrate

-drasnor :fold:
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited April 2005
    count me in.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited April 2005
    Im in.

send it to me with a case and I will provide the HDD. Ill toss it on the rack with my up and coming farm, folding as SM12 of course.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    No starting at just stinkin' zero, you get a head start! :D
  • dancerdancer Blue Mountains, Australia
    edited April 2005
    i'm in also
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    That's four. :thumbsup:

drasnor
    maximusbad
    Gobbles
    dancer

Thanks for signing up, guys. With every new rig that goes out, the odds improve for those who keep applying.

The hardest part of this job is having to roll out the new rigs one at a time - we hate to make any of you wait. We're on the move, though, and there are going to be new rigs a-plenty.

Of course, some lucky soul won't have to wait very long at all. :D

Best of luck to all who apply. It's a joy to have such fine teammates. :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited April 2005
    Count me in too
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    Guess I'll throw my name in the hat once more :D

Want to send SM12 on a Canadian Journey? :canflag:

Again, I can provide a PSU/Case to save on shipping. Think I can scrounge up a hard drive too if that helps.

:fold:
    edited April 2005
    The Joy Of Six!

drasnor
    maximusbad
    Gobbles
    dancer
    Jimborae
    lemonlime
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    WOW... seems like most of SM24's eager host-to-be's have reported in for another chance at an SMx rig.

Great guys...
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2005
    I'm in, I have HD and extra stick 'o mem.
    edited April 2005
    Thanks go out to everyone who has offered a HD. The reason it was listed as "To be determined" is that I'm still in the process of testing the drives we have in the SMx parts bin. I'm doing my best to ensure that we don't send anyone a dud. :p

That's not to say that we couldn't use them for future rigs. :)
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited April 2005
    oh yea i also have a hd and some mem that if needed could go towards the rig to allow better folding performance
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited April 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    WOW... seems like most of SM24's eager host-to-be's have reported in for another chance at an SMx rig.

Great guys...

What you think we can't handle rejection. We ain't no wusses that go crying to our mama's, we're hardcore S-M Folders till we die (or our pc's do) ;D
    edited April 2005
    Less than 48 hours left to sign up. :)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    hmm the thought of having 21 and 12...hehe now that would be special. ill keep my name out for now, allow some new members the chance to have the honor of an exclusive SMx machine.
    edited April 2005
    fatcat6 wrote:
    hmm the thought of having 21 and 12...hehe now that would be special...
    As long as the host isn't dyslexic... :D
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    fatcat6 wrote:
    hmm the thought of having 21 and 12...hehe now that would be special. ill keep my name out for now, allow some new members the chance to have the honor of an exclusive SMx machine.

Is that allowed? I didn't even know any hosts had more than one SMx machine.
    edited April 2005
    Camman wrote:
    Is that allowed? I didn't even know any hosts had more than one SMx machine.
    Only one. Hotrodsun has both SM8 & SM9. This was mostly due to one of those rigs (I can't remember which) being reassigned a good while back. Since it was an older (= slower) rig, there wasn't much interest at the time in hosting it.

It's our firm intention to give new people a shot, as long as qualified candidates apply for the rigs. After seeing the response to both SM24 and SM12 (reborn) I doubt we'd see any repeat hosts for a long, long while. :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    It's our firm intention to give new people a shot, as long as qualified candidates apply for the rigs. After seeing the response to both SM24 and SM12 (reborn) I doubt we'd see any repeat hosts for a long, long while. :D

exactly. i firmly believe the SMx machines should go to new hosts. i was just making the comment of having a 21/12 SMx team, sorta like nascar does. :)
    edited April 2005
    fatcat6 wrote:
    exactly. i firmly believe the SMx machines should go to new hosts. i was just making the comment of having a 21/12 SMx team, sorta like nascar does. :)
    I don't think anyone thought you were getting greedy or anything. :p

Who knows? Once everyone on the team who wants to Host a rig has got one, we'll need to have a second go-around. :fold:
    edited April 2005
    Just a few hours to go, team. Get in while you can. :)

Seven fine candidates so far:

drasnor
    maximusbad
    Gobbles
    dancer
    Jimborae
    lemonlime
    redchief

Thanks, everybody!
    edited April 2005
    The Signup Period For SM12 Is Now Closed!

Voting will commence as soon as possible. Team 93 thanks everyone who has participated.

Good luck to all the candidates! :thumbsup:
    edited April 2005
    The voting for the new Host of SM12 is underway. :)

A few of our members are currently out of town, so it may take a little longer to announce a winner than any of us would like. We just want to be fair to all of the fine candidates who tossed their name in the hat. Once again, good luck to everyone.

Once the new Host has been chosen, look for another major announcement concerning the SMx Project. :cool: