random app erros and closing

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Hardware
tricky problem, winXP set up, 2 wd 80gb hdds, rest of specs in sig. i wiped everything because i was having randome apps error and close or my system would just shut down, thought it was a virus. wiped my drives and tried to reinstall it on the same drive and the disk wouldnt copy a installation file, same thing happened with 2 diff disks. dunno why. installed fine on my other hard drive. now, its back to apps erroring and closing. mostly aim, steam, IE, and EQ2. i was thinking its a bad memory stick or something but ive never had this problem before.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    man, this combined with your ipod problems is starting to sound like maybe you've got a bad mobo :-/
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    i figured out the ipod, ended up being a usb2.o problem. i ran mem test and had over 200 errors in the first 2%, im gunna test a stick at a time.
    edited April 2005
    yanked a stick of my memory out and no errors on one stick, everything is running way smoother now. think i figured it out, im gunna swap the sticks and check again to be sure
    edited April 2005
    wouldnt even boot with only that other stick in, problem solved. thanks anyways everyone, hope this helps someone else.