USB 2.0 / SP1 & 2 issue..

TemplarTemplar You first.
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
My friend's PC here which he recently got put together for him has a few quirks, and I figured you guys might have an answer.

Firstly, the guy that put the PC together used a XP Pro Corp. CD, and we all know Microsoft put most of those keys on a blacklist so you really can't get any support from them. I'm trying to get USB 2.0 support in, but all the directions point to downloading SP1 or 2. I'd like to get SP2 just for the sake of having USB 2.0, but the hotfixes wouldn't hurt anything.

Is he basically screwed here with a Corporate copy? Neither of us really want to ditch out $200 for WinXP, but USB 2.0 support would be really nice.

Comments

• ThraxThrax
    coughschangekeyscoughs
    🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    coughschangekeyscoughs
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited April 2005
    Sadly I don't have another on hand nor remember how to do that. It's been a while since I did anything relating to PCs. Heh.
  • edited April 2005
    You can get an oem copy of XP Pro for around $140-$150 shipped, not $200. A company I've dealt with before, 9software.com, has the oem Win XP Pro for $132.00 plus shipping, which is generally pretty cheap with them. They also have licenses for sale too, if you already have an oem XP Pro disk for less than $100.00. I just noticed and they have free shipping on orders $99 and more, so you get free shipping either way.

BTW, we don't condone illegal software and discussions about getting around keys on this site. :)