Questions about Napster

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
Hello everyone.
Does anybody have some real sound advice regarding Napster? I do pay a monthly membership fee of about 10 bucks a month. I do not participate in any file sharing and am really only interested in listening to music and occasionally paying extra to download something. Really though, if and when I like something its not that difficult to purchase the entire CD from somewhere. Lately I have taken a liking to Launch Cast because it seems to be easier to use and reacts alot faster. Napster seems to like to update my media player with crap every so often and really the service seems kind of slow all of the time and very slow the rest.
Buckeye Sam has been helping me out alot in fixing and removing adware and spyware so I have grown skeptical of downloading anything especially the media files. For instance I had some Kazza P2P stuff and I have never used Kazza or even so much as checked out their site. I have alwalys heard bad things about Kazza so have always stayed away.
I am really leaning towards terminating Napster over security concerns Uninstalling their software and cleaning up all my Music files.
Does anyone have some reccomendations for me here?
I could really use a professional opinion.
Thanks
JBM

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Napster is spyware, adware free. It's a legitimate service, and if you're worried about it being a security risk, my "professional opinion" is that you stop worrying about it and keep paying for it if you enjoy it.