video card prob=(

jef-pal106jef-pal106 Manila
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Guys im having problems with my PC and i know you can help me on this... everytime i boot up my PC is all black-out.. after a few minutes w/o doing something it will boot up.. but after a long rest bcoz i have to go to office and finally when i got home and use it its black out again.. and now its been an hour but no change still black out.. ive already cleared the cmos and minimal boot.. no luck. sometimes after minimal boot it goes ok but guys everyday im experiencing this.. could it be the video card? all fans are working i just notice that the front led is out ..thats my indicator, because when its on ill have a successful boot but if its off.. black-out.. please help me..

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    It could be that your computer is going into standby or some other power-saving mode, then not coming out of it like it ought to. Try setting all the Power Management stuff in Control Panel to "Always On". If that doesn't work, try going into the bios and disabling power management there. :)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    This is what your talking about right profdlp?
    And check the Hibernate settings too.
    poweroptions6nx.jpg
    edited April 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    This is what your talking about right profdlp?
    And check the Hibernate settings too.
    Yes, sir. :)

Good call on the "Hibernate" thing, too. I've seen a ton of computers which couldn't handle that right.

Hibernate = Coma :rolleyes:
  • jef-pal106jef-pal106 Manila
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    It could be that your computer is going into standby or some other power-saving mode, then not coming out of it like it ought to. Try setting all the Power Management stuff in Control Panel to "Always On". If that doesn't work, try going into the bios and disabling power management there. :)

sir cant get to bios now... its all black-out.. i've check everything from the PSU, memory, video card and the cpu.. i think it could be the mobo...
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Gah my buddys does that too. We tryed everything but psu. His 12V 5V and 3.3V runs high too. Were almost postive its a psu problem.Because hes on a asus it tells him overclock failed when It finaly gets going. But everything is stock :( .

His specs are
    p4 2.4C
    512mb of samsung ram (cheep samsung ;D ) pc3200
    Asus p4p800 deluxe
    Some cheep psu highpower or something like that.
    maxtor 40gb 7200rpm
    edited April 2005
    Good day to all!

ive been having problems with my PC when starting it i dont receive any post total black-out.. so what i do is take the mobo out and put it in a cardboard.. there i started a minimal boot.. first boot is with the cpu and cpufan only its ok.. then the memory its fine also... but when i put the video card it keeps on booting... no beeps received.. could it be the video card? thanks for reading this! any kind of help or advice is very much appreciated.. thanks again!
    edited April 2005
    jef+pal106 wrote:
    ...but when i put the video card it keeps on booting... no beeps received.. could it be the video card...
    That seems likely.

Do you have another video card you can test the rest of the system with? You might want to check the card itself, too. Make sure the contacts are clean, the fan (if any) is OK, the power connector is attached (if applicable), etc. Also, take a look at the AGP slot on the MB and make sure there's nothing in there that doesn't belong.
    edited April 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Gah my buddys does that too. We tryed everything but psu. His 12V 5V and 3.3V runs high too. Were almost postive its a psu problem.Because hes on a asus it tells him overclock failed when It finaly gets going. But everything is stock :( .

His specs are
    p4 2.4C
    512mb of samsung ram (cheep samsung ;D ) pc3200
    Asus p4p800 deluxe
    Some cheep psu highpower or something like that.
    maxtor 40gb 7200rpm

oh so you mean i have a defective PSU? ill try another psu and check it from there.. thanks for the help! ill confirm it if it is the psu.. thanks!
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    That seems likely.

Do you have another video card you can test the rest of the system with? You might want to check the card itself, too. Make sure the contacts are clean, the fan (if any) is OK, the power connector is attached (if applicable), etc. Also, take a look at the AGP slot on the MB and make sure there's nothing in there that doesn't belong.

bad luck dont have a spare video card... or another system to check... just this laptop that im using for help... thanks for the reply! and for the ideas... gotta find a system so that i can check the card.. thanks!
    edited April 2005
    NOTE: jef+pal106, I merged your two threads since they both relate to the same problem - no video.

It will be easier for everyone to help you if all of the advice you've been given is located in one place. :)
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    NOTE: jef+pal106, I merged your two threads since they both relate to the same problem - no video.

It will be easier for everyone to help you if all of the advice you've been given is located in one place. :)

thanks PROFDLP.. dont have any replies from the last thread maybe did not address the prob that good... or my grammar is not that good.. thanks anyway!
    edited April 2005
    jef+pal106 wrote:
    thanks PROFDLP.. dont have any replies from the last thread maybe did not address the prob that good... or my grammar is not that good.. thanks anyway!
    :confused:

I replied in both threads. :D

Look at the title of each post here and you can see which ones originally came from which thread.

Your grammar is just fine, by the way. :)
    edited April 2005
    GrayFox wrote:

wait a minute its just a stick of memory and the video card thats in my PC when im trying to boot... can it still be the PSU? just realized that there are no IDE's connected just the two.. could it be the PSU, motherboard or the video card the culprit? just go to my friends house to check my video card.. if it doesnt boot there..damn i got to replaced the card.. thanks for the replies! fast and informative!
    edited April 2005
    jef+pal106 wrote:
    ...can it still be the PSU? just realized that there are no IDE's connected just the two...could it be the PSU, motherboard or the video card the culprit?
    You won't know for sure until you eliminate the others as a possibility, or replace one of the parts and see that things are back to normal.
    ...just go to my friends house to check my video card...
    That would be an excellent place to start. If the card works there you can move on to testing the other stuff. Would he let you bring the whole computer over so you could try his PSU at the same time? That's a lot to ask, but if he's a really good friend he might say yes. You could probably have both of those items checked out in a very short amount of time. If his (system) memory is compatible with your computer you could check that too. The more things you can eliminate the more you can focus in on what's left. :)
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    You won't know for sure until you eliminate the others as a possibility, or replace one of the parts and see that things are back to normal.

That would be an excellent place to start. If the card works there you can move on to testing the other stuff. Would he let you bring the whole computer over so you could try his PSU at the same time? That's a lot to ask, but if he's a really good friend he might say yes. You could probably have both of those items checked out in a very short amount of time. If his (system) memory is compatible with your computer you could check that too. The more things you can eliminate the more you can focus in on what's left. :)

good point there! thank you very much chief! ill inform you once all the stuffs are tested.. thank you! :thumbsup:
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    Any News?
    edited April 2005
    Justin wrote:
    Any News?

its the mobo! lol! i really hate ECS! but theres a problem... ill post it in another thread so that others can reply also... thanks!