?'s about Comcasts "security manager"

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
Hello again everyone.
Thanks to answering my questions on a regular basis. And especially thanks a million to Buckeye Sam for helping me so much with Spyware and Adware!

My question is about Comcast.net's security manager. Does it load spyware or adware on my system? The spycatcher portion of the program is a 3rd party program so I am not sure if other scans I run are picking up identity files or actuall spyware/adware.
My 2nd question would be if I have the Ad Aware, plus the Spy Bot S&D, Mcaffe Virus Scan and the spyware blaster do I really need the security manager with Spycatcher? I also have the CW shredder and Omega killer programs.
I would guess that some of you extremely knowledgable people out there are have some experiences and could shed some light on the situation for me.
I appreciate any help any of you could offer.
Thanks again
JBM

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited April 2005
    If they are charging you extra for it, you probably do not need it. ISP-provided security apps are usually provided by a 3rd party, and you will be relying solely on that companies definitions for malware. If you continue to use the ISP provided solution, I would recommend still running scans with the other apps regularly, as no single anti-spyware app cures everything.

Comcast's app includes a firewall, so if you do use it, make sure to disable any other software firewall you may have on your PC.

Dexter...