for anyone interested in the iPod Photo

edited April 2005 in Internet & Media
Hey everyone,

If you haven't seen it already, I highly suggest reading this article from Wired magazine.

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

If you are at all considering purchasing a 60 GB iPod Photo to store all your pictures, I would go to the free iPod photo site first.

I promise I am not trying to solicit this in any way, so don't get mad at me please...I've already gotten my free iPod in the mail, so it doesn't matter to me if you sign up or not. :) I just wanted to make sure everyone knows about this because it is so credible, and it is no fun to pay $350 for something that is so easy to get free.

Feel free to ask me any questions too, I'd love to answer them!

-Carolyn

//referral links removed by admin

Comments

• CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    It might be "not a scam" but it certainly doesn't add up, everyone who signs up can't possible get an ipod because the numbers just dont work out.

I fell into the trap of this like 6 months ago and submitted to one of the "offers" but noone else used my link so it was just a waste of time and I had to call Ancestry.com and basically argue with them so they didn't charge me $70 for a service I didn't want and only signed up for the trial as part of the ipod thing.

And if you aren't trying to solicit it and "already got your free ipod", why did you post your link as a referrer link and not just one to the free ipod site?
  • edited April 2005
    wow, someone is in a skeptical mood...

I'm not sure what math you're doing to say that it "doesn't add up". All I know is that I am very happy with my free iPod that I'm listening to right now, as is my boyfriend with his, my cousin with his, and my 2 best friends from college with theirs. If you think it's a scam, there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. I was trying to use my personal experience to break the false assumptions people make about the site.

If you're so paranoid, here's the free photo ipod homepage. I'm just trying to help people out. I'm sorry if that's such a foreign concept to you.

p.s. I used this referral link for my brother because he was one of the people that signed up so I could get my iPod and I felt as long as I was telling people about the site, it was only good manners to return the favor.

//referral links removed by admin
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    of ccourse the numbers doesn't add up, for example

the first person signed up will require 5 people tp sign up for him, and that 5 will require 25, and that 25 will require 115, and so on. There juts isn't infinit amount of people will sign up, whoever is in the llater groups will not be able to get their free ipod,, and camman didn't say it was a scam.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    We don't allow new users to post referral links, sorry.
  • edited April 2005
    The reason is has worked out so far is because most people are lazy. Even though they initially sign up for a free trial to help someone else get an ipod, the majority of these people never follow through with it and get 5 more people to sign up.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Star894 wrote:
    The reason is has worked out so far is because most people are lazy. Even though they initially sign up for a free trial to help someone else get an ipod, the majority of these people never follow through with it and get 5 more people to sign up.

Usually becuase they cannot find 5 referrals anymore, while other people who don't care and could sign up are worrysome over signing up for anything online.
  • edited April 2005
    We don't allow new users to post referral links, sorry.

Sorry I didn't realize I was still considered a new member because I joined this community last November.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Star894 wrote:
    Sorry I didn't realize I was still considered a new member because I joined this community last November.

You have not posted or contributed anything to the community that would make it seem as if you had an interest in being here. You have two previous threads, both of which ask for help with spyware. That's all well and good. We're here to help.

I believe what he meant more than "new member" was "unestablished member." You have no reputation here. From just about every long-time member of SM, this looks like spam. It would be taken differently had you been a long upstanding member in the community.

Also, had you been around as an active member, you would have seen that these things are blasted down pretty quickly.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, sorry, not to imply that your spyware posts are unimportant, that's what we're here for. But as cyclonite said, you haven't been a longstanding member of this community. Pop Quiz:

Who is snuffie?

What's my wife's name on this site?

Where is Black Hawk from?

How tall is shorty?

Which member is currently wearing a mullet? and why?

;D

I'm being facetious, of course I'm just having fun. Still, as far as posting referral links, that priveledge is extended at the admin's whim. And I'm in a bad mood today ;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, sorry, not to imply that your spyware posts are unimportant, that's what we're here for. But as cyclonite said, you haven't been a longstanding member of this community. Pop Quiz:

Who is snuffie?

What's my wife's name on this site?

Where is Black Hawk from?

How tall is shorty?

Which member is currently wearing a mullet? and why?

;D

I'm being facetious, of course I'm just having fun. Still, as far as posting referral links, that priveledge is extended at the admin's whim. And I'm in a bad mood today ;D

Am I allowed to answer these? ;)

Oh, and I hope your mood improves! Anything I can do to help?