Sweet

GobblesGobbles Ventura California
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
Ive only got 4 machines going and I knocked down 9 WU's for 1000 points in a single weekend.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    cool! :thumbsup: I mean sweet ...!
  • edited April 2005
    Good deal :D
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited April 2005
    I just added a 5th machine, another ML370 HP G4 system with a 3.+ xeon. I want to hit 10000 points by the end of the month.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Shouldnt be too hard.:)
    edited April 2005
    *hint* try those qmd 450 pointers on the xeons and/or p4's. *cough*-advmethods*cough*
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Sweet indeed!

:celebrate

Just got the news from Stanford. :thumbsup::fold:
    edited April 2005
    csimon wrote:
    *hint* try those qmd 450 pointers on the xeons and/or p4's. *cough*-advmethods*cough*

-advmethods added to the xeon machines.

My farm consists of "blank" machines. I went ahead and built several machines with preconfigured hardware, which when the company needs they can take at short notice, reimage, test and ship to a customer. It will be my job to make sure that I keep the farm back filled with blank machines. I got room for 3 more machines on my farm rack. I gonna try and have 8 going by Friday.

Is there any advantage to running them with HT enabled? We disable HT by default on our machines. One of the driver packages we use for some custom boards wont work with HT but until they get pulled from my rack, they can be enabled.
    edited April 2005
    Gobbles wrote:
    Is there any advantage to running them with HT enabled? We disable HT by default on our machines. One of the driver packages we use for some custom boards wont work with HT but until they get pulled from my rack, they can be enabled.

some may disagree but there is no advantage really. You either fold a single instance at 100% ht disabled or you fold two instances at 50% ht enabled. Basically you get the same thing but some swear ht gives a slight advantage somehow.
    edited April 2005
    here is a pic of my lil farm. up to 6 machines now.