I need a s754 MB that supports a mobile cpu

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Neither of the two MSI's I own do. Does anyone know for certain of a MB that supports the amd 64 s754 mobile cpu's? Micro ATX would be a HUGE plus

Tex

Comments

• edited April 2005
    It's not mATX, but the DFI Lanparty NF3-250 gb supports them with no problems Tex. I presently have mine running at 300 fsb with a mobile 3000+ in it. Even when I first got the setup, I had no problems firing it up, even with an older bios in it. On it's first boot, it defaulted to only 1.1v vcore but also used a 4 or 6 multi for the first boot and had no problems whatsoever starting. I was then able to manually set to a 9 multi and the vcore to 1.5v and do a normal install even with the shipping bios. IMO, it's one damn fine system and so far is rock solid at 2700 MHz. :D
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    Debating if I just want to sell the mobile chip or jack around getting another board.

I have two dual opterons
    a single opteron
    two MSI neo socket 754's with 3000+ AMD64's
    3400+ AMD s939 DFI UT Ultra mf4
    3200+ s754 MSI micro ATX

Thats seven amd 64 systems, nine cpu's counting the dualies...

I really don't need another... I need to be in selling off stuff mode not buying more mode. Bugs me to have it just sitting here.

Would like to at least know the chip was working before I sell it though.

Tex
  • edited April 2005
    Hey Tex, what mobile is it, a 3000 or faster? If you decide to sell it let me know. Also, if you want to get the DFI board, I saw yesterday that Newegg has some in the refurb department for around $60 if you want to hold on to that mobile.

I plan to build at least 1 more A64 folding rig myself and will most probably stick with the mobiles and the DFI board. Trying to modernize my folding farm again and also cut down on power consumption and heat production too. That mobile of mine runs around 38-39 C when folding at 2700 MHz with a Thermalright SLK948-U and a SmartFan2. :cool:
    edited April 2005
    It's a 3000+ amd64 cpu.

I bought it in this auction for $117

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746495135&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

it's the guy I have bought all of my amd64 cpu's from even the ones I have already sold. I trust him 100 percent.

I will sell it right now for $90 plus shipping (thats dirt cheap) and its guaranteed NON doa. Thats a F@H special price only.....

Love ya man!

Tex
  • edited April 2005
    YGPM Tex! :)
    edited April 2005
    Sold to the man with a crawdad in each hand.

Hey I also got an opteron 142 and asus MB that would make a good folding rig I would sell dirt cheap for the F@H guys only.

Tex