big wu frame times?

TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
what kind of frame times should I be getting out of these high memory demand work units? basically, I'm folding a p1910_ALA_depeptide @ 32 mpf and a p1912_ALA-dipeptide_umb2 @ 33 mpf (mpf = minutes per frame)

this is RIDICULOUSLY slow, and these times persist even when I only have one instance open

this is on a 2.8c p4, HT enabled

EDIT: actually now that I look closer at this, it really looks to me like EM3 is incorrectly reporting frame times, cause there's no way that it took me 149*30 minutes to get this WU to where it currently is...

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    check your fahlog.txt to get an accurate rate and you can check that against your emIII reading.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2005
    yeah okay the bastard only updates like every 30 frames, and EM3 reads it as a single frame.
  • edited April 2005
    Those QMD wu's are some wierd suckers and even when they get past the start of the wu the frame times seem to vary a lot to me. I haven't gotten any in a while though; been getting mainly the p147x series.
  • VolvoVolvo Eureka, Ca on the Pacific
    edited April 2005
    When I 1st started workin those QMD WU's they locked occasionally. :shakehead They must have fixed that but QMD's keep me scratchin my head as the frame times are all over the place. And neither the P4 at 3.4 Ghz or the Athlon 64 at 3200+ run them very efficiently. That is Gromacs and Tinkers feel like they create points better.... :scratch:
    -=Volvo=-
    Just foldin along 24/7