A8N ultra sli vs DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited April 2005 in Hardware
I have the asus board with a 90nm 3200+ not really overclocking much and just have 1 6600gt, 1 160 sata hard drive, tdk dvd burner (need a new one only 4x) Would it be much of a upgrade to get the new dfi board? Reason Im asking my file server's motherboard is acting wierd and I was thinking of just swapping mobo and cpu cause I know the rest is still good. So i was thinking of swapping the new dfi board into main machine and using the asus board for my file server.

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    Unless you plan on doing a lot of overclocking and tweaking, the Asus board should not have any real weaknesses compared to the DFI. I love my DFI, but it does require a fair bit of tweaking and tuning to get your system stable (sometimes even when not overclocking). Sure is a fun board to use though.

What type of memory do you have? If you are the type of guy who wants 'the most' out of your hardware, it is probably the best platform to do so :thumbsup: ..

Lots of great, inexpensive boards out there (non-sli) that would be better suited for a server though.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited April 2005
    like what would be a good board for a plain amd64 server
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    There are quite a few boards that would fit the part. You would not need a rich feature-set, like what the NF3/NF4 boards offer (i.e. no SLI, no hardware firewall etc). The only reason I would recommend a simple board is to save money. The Asus SLI board could be a great server board, just that it has many features that would not be used in that role.