retrieving already used WEP passcode

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
hey guys, I got a wep password for a wireless network connection because it is secured. I can connect fine and everything works great. I didn't save the password anywhere besides the password dialog box that is prompted when you connect. I have it set to remember passcode so I don't have to type it in every time. I was wondering if there is anyway to get that passcode in full without asteriks in case i need to retype it sometime. I know it is stored on my machine somewhere. any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited April 2005
    I don't know how to pull it directly out of windows, but you can use a packet sniffer!
    Just download something big off the internet, and sniff all the packets with another machine, and use a WEP cracker on the packets after you've got about 10-15 megs of traffic stored.

Easy! : )
  • edited April 2005
    k. thanks. yeah what they did is type in the wep passcode for me but would not let me see it. So, if i ever get that reset or don't have remember passcode checked then i have to go all the way over there and have them retype. kinda stupid if you ask me. thanks for the info.
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited April 2005
    Man, that IS annoying!
    Doh!
    I think you should make THEM come to you when that happens until they figure out some other kind of policy that's a little more "customer friendly".
  • edited April 2005
    yeah exactly....and then when you ask to jump on their wireless network. They make sure you have anti-virus and crap. I mean it's cool and all, but c'mon. Do they think i am stupid...