WTB: Mobo with IDE RAID

edited April 2005 in Trading Post
looking for an old mobo to replace a KG7-RAID. I need something that will go along with my Athlon 1600+ and will take DDR2100 RAM. I'm looking to spend no more than $40 for the board. PM me with anything you've got. Thanks!

-DG

Comments

• edited April 2005
    DG, long time no see man! :)

As far as a board that can do IDE RAID, there are several nf2 boards out there now that can do it due to the newest southbridge that nvidia made for the nf2 boards, which can do both sata and ide RAID natively. I just replaced an old Iwill KK266-R board for a friend of mine with an MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR mobo and rigged up his 2 old 20 gig IBM Deathstars he had in his old system RAIDed in RAID 0. Look in the egg's refurb section and there might be some of them there. The only problem I ran into is that I had to stick both the drives on 1 IDE channel so that his 2 cd/dvd drives could use the other channel and it lost some performance, but not too bad. I just looked andthey have it in the refurb section for $37 shipped.
  • edited April 2005
    what's up mud? :) I've been pretty busy with a lot of other things so I've been out of the whole PC scene. that's why my best box is an athlon xp 1600+ OC'd to 1.7ghz.... doh!

actually, I'm looking for a board with 4 IDE slots... I was using the KG7-RAID as a server box with 4 hard drives, one as a mirror and the other as a stripe. I do have an add on RAID card, so I might just get that board that you are talking about. so not sure what to do yet, but I think I'd prefer the extra IDE slots so I can shove all the drives on there without talking the hit in performance. but thanks for the suggestion Mud, I'm definitely considering it.

-DG
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited April 2005
    Not too many boards feature IDE Raid ports anymore. EPox made several (8K9A2+ (KT400) & 8KRA2+ (KT600)) but I dont recall any NF2 mobos with IDE Raid.

Your best bet is to find a IDE Raid card (Promise or HPT). And with a raid card your Raid set is portable and can be used with any mobo that still has PCI slots available.