Call of Duty 2 Preview

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
GameSpy have put up a preview article looking at the upcoming PC game 'Call of Duty 2'. Check it out.

Call of Duty 2 Preview @ GameSpy
While Call of Duty was a pretty linear shooter, Infinity Ward appears set on opening things up this time around. As in the original, there are American, British and Russian campaigns, set from 1941-1945, but you'll be free to switch between campaigns this time; you can jump from one campaign to the next to play through all the missions in chronological order, play through each individual campaign, or jump back and forth as you please. Each time you complete a mission, a new one opens up, so if you get stuck on a particular level, you can simply try a different one. While plenty of the game is set in Europe, there are also levels set in North Africa, including the one level we were shown for our preview.
I really liked the first Call of Duty, I'm definitely looking forward to this release.

Source: GameSpy

Comments

• JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    COD is teh g00d.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    looks great. Loved the first CoD game.
  • edited May 2005
    it looks ok.. i just hope that the gameplay is more like COD and not like UO.. i think that UO was a complete and utter waste, i bought it and hated it..i still play COD everyday and play at an unmatched level of gameplay... im crossing my fingers and hoping it has the same gameplay.., oh ya.. and no freakin tanks or satchels or gay weapons.. keep it straight