Searching for a VOB editor

BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Internet & Media
Well, I've already figured out how to extract VOB files from a DVD. Now I'm interested in editing the content of the video itself. I'd like to be able to snip certain parts of the film. Then after editing it, I can put the new VOB back into the DVD ISO. After that, I can burn the movie to a DVD and I can play my edited version in any DVD player. (Well, that's the plan.) Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    http://www.doom9.org/software2.htm and scroll down to the end. Don't know if that's what you want cause I've never edited video.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. I just want to edit the video without having to convert it back and forth. Someone suggested Adobe Premiere. I'm not sure if it'll let me edit VOB files. I'll have to look into it.

Anyways, thank. And if anyone else has a few tidbits of info, it'd be appreciated.
  • edited May 2005
    BLuKnight wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. I just want to edit the video without having to convert it back and forth. Someone suggested Adobe Premiere. I'm not sure if it'll let me edit VOB files. I'll have to look into it.

Anyways, thank. And if anyone else has a few tidbits of info, it'd be appreciated.

Hey, I'm in the same boat. How'd you get on with a VOB editor that you can use to slice and dice then re-record?
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited May 2005
    If you can't find any VOB converters you can easily find one online that will allow you to convert from VOB to AVI or WMV, which you can edit in most, movie editors. Once you edit the parts out you can convert using the same tool back to VOB and burn.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Except doing that is a massive kick in the nuts to quality.. VOB -> AVI -> VOB is just bad.