I need some tech help

GobblesGobbles Ventura California
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
Ok I have 6 machines, all running the graphical client. I have to run the graphical client for reasons 2 long to explain, but hey foldin is foldin.

Here is my problem. On 4 of the 6 machines, when I come into work in the morning, the clients have stopped. I have to fire them back up manually.

Maybe its a settings issue.. here is how they are set.

any help would be appreciated because I dont want them to go down over the weekend when im not here to restart them

Comments

• GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited April 2005
    ne1?
  • edited April 2005
    check your event viewer. applications events.....and system events, make sure no services have stopped that the application is dependent on. post your results and we will go from there.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    beregid gave you a great place to start. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'd add: Do you have to log back on after the screen saver/energy management stuff kicks in? That might be the culprit.
    edited April 2005
    I checked the log files for the machines... folding is experiencing an error and shutting down according to windows.

I am running 2003 server. Could that be an issue. My 2000 pro box seems fine.
    edited April 2005
    I set up another box, bringing me to 7 machines, 8th later today. anyway, I left HT on and am running it as a service I am also running a console instance as well. Both processors are at 100%. lets see if this one dies during the day.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    I've always had much better luck with the non-graphical console version. Give it a try. You have the option of running as a service with it, however it is not required..
    edited April 2005
    What kind of video card/chip is in these systems? Being servers, I doubt it's anything spectacular. The graphical version gets fussy if doesn't like the OpenGL capabilities of the video.

Does this ever happen during the day when you're there? If not, I'd look at any scheduled tasks running after-hours.
    edited April 2005
    Yeah it happens during the day.

It appears to happen after it submits its wu.

I had the console version crash as well, it did not finish a wu.

im going to try the console versions.
    edited April 2005
    Ok I converted all 7 over to console. Several should be uploading their current work before I leave for the day. I will be in the area tomorrow. I stop by and check on them. Got keys to the building so that wont be a problem. Hopefully it was something silly like the opengl crap. :D
    edited April 2005
    Good luck, Gobbles. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2005
    thanks... Ive rounded her off at 8 machines. If all goes well I should hit 5k sometime this weekend or early next week.
  • edited April 2005
    glad you got it going man.
    edited April 2005
    yeah they fired through all week end. Good call on the graphics. :D
    edited April 2005
    Looking mighty fine! :thumbsup: