good ecs mobo?

jef-pal106jef-pal106 Manila
edited April 2005 in Hardware
good day guys! my ecs 915p-a mobo has crashed...lol! im really disappointed in ecs! anyways i have a friend that is working inside the company where i bought it so i talked to him about the board and he told me that he can replace the board that is defective with the same board or upgrade it but only w/ an ECS board also... just thinking if theres a ECS board that qualifys to your standard.. the board must be a 775 board because it must fit with my cpu which is intel p4 2.8 1mb ht lga775.. if there is one please tell me.. thanks in advance!

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    'Good ECS' is a bit of an oxymoron :D

I would seriously take a look at another manufacturer. I have seen several ECS boards croak personally, and I can attest that their quality is quite poor. Take a look at some other brands such as Asus, Epox, MSI, Abit, DFI etc.

I would just get a replacement of your current mainboard, and sell it, then pick something else up

Good luck :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Eh, there quality isnt bad, they just make entry-level boards. I read an article somewhere of a tour of an ECS plant. Their QA was quite nice actually.

This is the best ECS socket 775 board they have:
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=485&MenuID=93&LanID=0
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    I guess my personal experience with the boards has just put me off ECS all together. I'll admit I haven't owned or used any of their newer boards (most of the ones I saw problems with were in the early-AXP and PIII days). Hopefully they have worked out most of the kinks now..
  • jef-pal106jef-pal106 Manila
    edited April 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    'Good ECS' is a bit of an oxymoron :D

haha! looks like you have a bad time having this kind of manufacturer! ill take a look at some other options and see from there... so theres actually no good ecs board that exist! lol!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Ive owned 3 diffrent ecs boards. Only 1 still lives ........
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited April 2005
    i have 1 board thats outlasted them all, an ECS P4ita, but ecs dosnt really make good boards, they make more anomilys than any company i know of, i mean a AMD proc AND intel proc on the same board what the hell?!

personnaly i recommend Asus, and MSI boards to the maxx, Iv eheard alot og great things about Abit boards but ive never personally owned one.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131503
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130461
    edited April 2005
    thanks for all the replies! just i said this is my first built.. not a good start really and poor research about the board.. now im thinking to replace the board with asus, dfi or abit.. maybe msi also... depends on the price and what i need.. for know just want to sell the mobo and research for the replacement... i hope this time it will be a good experience and choice... please help me not to have the same mistake again... haha.. thank you guys!
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited April 2005
    computers is nothing but learning

i know everything i do today because i have ruined SO much stuff its not even funny

*note* brass standoffs are included with a case for a reason :)
    edited April 2005
    Armo wrote:
    computers is nothing but learning

i know everything i do today because i have ruined SO much stuff its not even funny

*note* brass standoffs are included with a case for a reason :)

youre right... im not that rich so i save my money to build a pc... but for some reasons maybe not enough research ive wasted it.. but im happy because i learned something... in a hard way though.. and its always a good thing to have this kind of forum to guide you either in building a new rig or troubleshooting... so much for a dramatic statement! time to save and build an Athlon based PC! haha! :thumbsup: