Opera 8 is pretty neat.

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
I just got it and I dig it. Honestly it's not that big of a deal to me, and unless you have a few bucks to spend it isn't worth it. So far on my system it hasn't run faster or opened pages any faster or better than Firefox. I think it actually may load faster than Firefox, but if a split second is a big deal to you... seek help.

I do like it though, it's a change. The interface wasn't appealing at first, but after finding a good skin and getting accustomed to how the hell the customization worked, I got it setup the way I like.

The mouse gestures is neat, I've been told Firefox has a extension for them as well but that they are "clunky" compaired to Opera, but that was the words of a person who hated Firefox.

Either way, this is now my new browser. Of course I still keep Firefox and IE around for other reasons. Which reminds me, I don't see an import tool for importing ALL my bookmarks from firefox :shakehead

Comments

• rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited April 2005
    Back in the day when I had to use dialup (26400), Opera worked a heck of a lot better and seemed faster than IE. :cool:

I downloaded it (Opera 8) and checked it out, but since I don't use dialup anymore, I really don't see myself using it much.