Dell P1110 (shadowing problem all of a sudden)

edited April 2005 in Hardware
Hello all,

I've been using a Dell P1110 21" monitor for a couple years now and it has worked marvellously. I've been happy with the brightness and it always gave me a clear image. The other day, I had to move some things around including the monitor. At one point the monitor suffered a bump against a desk and I thought to myself "Hope that didn't hurt."

In the following days I noticed a little blurring at the top left corner of the monitor. Now the entire monitor has been affected by a shadowing effect. For any vertical line there is a line to the right of it that is a few mm's thick. Sometimes that line even repeats in an echo fashion. It's most noticiable with black lines against white but it is everywhere. I dug through the "brightness" thread on the p1110 and tried everything people mentioned there in terms of settings. I've degaussed, moired, color return, pressed the two buttons on the far left of the face of the monitor (magnet reset?). I even tried playing with the convergence but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas? I'm using the same video cable as I started which has never caused problems before. It feels like the shadowing is getting worse. My eyes are killing me just typing this.

Any ideas? Is it actually time for a new monitor?

SETUP: Running 3 monitors the 21 in the middle with a 17 on either side. The 21 and one 17 are running off a dual head vid card that has dvi out so I'm using a dvi->analog adapter for both of those monitors. No problems on the other monitors.

Thanks for the ideas in advance...