Dell 8500 CRASHED

wangstawangsta Ontario
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Hello, when my dell 8500 (running windows XP SP2) was unning one day, it crashed. I thought this was fne, and about every other time i startd my computer, a blue screen would come up telling me something was wrong. Didnt write it down so i cant remember. Next, something came up while my compute was sarting up that says "system memory had changed" blah blah blah, "press F1 to continue or F2 to go into system something".. so i figure this is okay, and i press F1 every time. But now whenever i try to start it, when it is supposed to go to my password page (sorry for non-technical terms) the screen goes black, but i can move my mouse around. Well, i had no clue what to do. I decided to try and reinstall windowns, because oe of the times i tried to start it it had said that some file .dll was either corrupted or missing. But i can't access that to reinstal windows or check it out. SO any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks sooo much :thumbsup:

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    To reinstall windows put your dell restore disk in your cdrom and follow the onscreen instructions. Also run memtest www.memtest86.com (ram might be no good)