Turner Broadcasting beats Infinium Labs to the Punch

CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Gaming
I was reading this press release and thinking to myself "hmm, that sounds alot like what Infinium Labs is trying to launch....but without the stupid over-priced hardware component.
Turner Broadcasting service is putting its considerable muscle behind a new on demand video game service called GameTap. For a monthly fee you can download all the games you want as well as have access to coming attractions and other bonus content. Games will be downloaded directly to your PC eliminating the additional cost of a proprietary console or additional hardware to play the downloaded games. With GameTap you simply pay your monthly fee and then download and play as many games as you want.

You gotta figure most gamers have a high powered gaming PC anyway. This is certainly a kick in the pants to Infinium, no outdated hardware to buy with basically the same service. And oh yea Turner Broadcasting is a big company that actually has the means to set up a delivery infrastructure that has been 3 years "in the making" with infinium...

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/27/technology/video_game_service/index.htm?cnn=yes

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited April 2005
    That sounds like a really cool service... That is about what a subscription to a service like gamefly costs, and I have been wishing there was a similar service for PC.