Options

Does anyone have this mic? (logitech)

edited April 2005 in Hardware
I was wondering if anyone had this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5431927&type=product&id=1055388008858

and if you guys do, do you have to have it like really close?? or can u have it like 1.5-2 feet and still have people be able to hear?

I have the hp monitor with the mic in it and it gives off alot of backround noise, but i like it because it can be used far away.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I use that mic for teamspeak. It sits a good two feet from my face and picks up my voice perfectly.
  • edited April 2005
    Cool, thanks

1 questions

it says Frequency Response The range of sound capable of being reproduced by an audio or video component, expressed as a deviation in decibels in a frequency range (i.e., 50 Hz-20 kHz, +/-3 dB).

Frequency response represents the unofficial measure of sound quality - the broader the range, the better the sound reproduction.

So the mic is 100Hz - 16kHz. they say the broader the better, so that means the higher like 100 - 40 or something like that then its better sound reproduction?
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    A wide frequency range and a small decibel width are optimal in frequency response for speakers or mics. 100Hz to 16,000Hz ±3dB means that within the 100Hz (a man's voice can usually go a little lower) to 16,000Hz (adults can hardly hear any higher) band, the sound will be recorded faithfully to the original air waves that comprised it. ±3dB tells us exactly how faithfully: if two sounds of the same volume but maybe different pitch are recorded and one is recorded more loudly than the other, as long as you're within 100-16,000Hz, the loud one won't have more than four times the volume of the soft one. So lower dB width means the graph of "dB offset from original sound" and "frequency of sound" is flatter.

Hope that helps