Urgent!

edited April 2005 in Hardware
I was on my laptop last night, just moving some files about it was being a bit slow which is unusual and I was being impatient which isn't so I stupidly pulled the wire out the back to turn it off and then when I turned it back on I got the safe mode etc. screen and then this is exactly what comes up on my screen no matter which option I press, no matter what I do:

'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer [didn't work]. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed [which I can't do 'cos I can't get past the blue screen]. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed or software [again, can't do that]. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing [nothing happened] restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x80EF08E8, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

:bawling: Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too bothered about losing everything on there as I've kind of recovered from the initial annoyance, I just want it to work!!!! Thank you! :scratch:

Comments

• edited April 2005
    I have to give in essays on Saturday so any help is welcomed!!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    Got your XP install cd?
  • edited April 2005
    Yeah I've tried that but it didn't work :confused::confused:
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    But we didnt tell you what to do yet? How could you of tried it?

When your ready to start let me know. Get your XP cd.

Tex
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    You should be able to do a repair install from that CD that should get you up and running. If you can get into BIOS you want ot make sure that your PC is trying to boot from the correct drive, I have had many a PC suddenly start trying to boot from the "A" drive. Very annoying. See if either of these options help and post back.
  • edited April 2005
    It still goes onto the blue screen..
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    miya wrote:
    It still goes onto the blue screen..
    You still haven't given Tex the opportunity to help you. Since I bet you scrambled your filing system my guess is something more like fixing the boot file. Now ask the nice man nicely and I bet he will help you. ;)

All to often I see where peeps ask for help then jump to conclusions on what to do with out being told and get in deeper crap. (not picking here but just an overall observation across the forums in general)
  • edited April 2005
    Oh no I didn't mean to ignore him! Sorry if it seemed that way. Like I said, I welcome any help obviously because I need it!

Right, Tex, I have my XP cd so whenever you have time I'd like the help. Sorry if I appeared ignorant!