The state of Spinner

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
I know I'm new to the team, but I thought I should update nevertheless. If not just to show off my new rig!;)

In addition to an Athlon XP 1700+ running @ 2.1GHz and my XP2000+ running stock, I now have two new machines to add to the fold (if you excuse the pun), one is nothing special, in fact quite dismal, a Duron 750 running stock :halfcog:, but the 2nd new rig to sign up to the team is my brand spanking new Athlon XP (Barton) 3200+:fold::fold::fold::fold: , and boy does it fold! It's currently running stock (2.2GHz) but I'll be playing with OC'ing later on today.

Every little helps.

Cheers

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Congrats mate!

Now ditch the audigy on your main rig for the SoundStorm II. It's better. ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2003
    Sounds like a dream computer. Glad to see it Folding.

Good man!:thumbsup::fold:
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Oh yeah??? Welll, tomorrow I'm getting my old P3 800 up and running!!!!

Hmmpf, for some reason that doesn't sound as good as Athlon XP 3200.... Maybe its the P or the 3, or maybe the 800 part....
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Thrax said
    Congrats mate!

Now ditch the audigy on your main rig for the SoundStorm II. It's better. ;D

Hey, the Audigy had to stay, it was the only component I swapped out from my old rig (a.k.a system 2). I couldn't afford to replace it with anything different. But it does serve me well, even if it is Creative pap!
    edited September 2003
    No! You don't understand!

The soundcard embedded into the NF7-S 2.0 that you own (Soundstorm 2) is better than your Audigy.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Nice! on the 3200+ Hopefully you can clock it higher. I've got my 1700+ clocked @ 2.36 right now, hopefully it will stay.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Thrax said
    No! You don't understand!

The soundcard embedded into the NF7-S 2.0 that you own (Soundstorm 2) is better than your Audigy.

Doh! I thought the name Soundstorm sounded familiar. Ha ha, I'm such a nForce newb! I'll look into it, but I'm not sure the midi sound sets on the onboard are as good. Nevertheless like I said, I shall do a bit of reading.

Thanks for the heads up.

As for overclocking, well I'll be getting to that shortly.
    edited September 2003
    Damn right you'll get to overclocking shortly. :D