SM24 has a case!

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
According to the tracking number website, the case for SM24 is sitting at my house now! Hopefully this one will be good.:vimp:

For those of you wondering "Why didn't BuddyJ get this sooner?" Well, I did. Imagine the joy you get from opening up a pristine new computer case box only to find a horrifically mangled case inside. My spirits were crushed like a kid getting coal for Christmas. Or like when your mom says she's making a special dinner and it turns out to be salad (I despise salad).

How a damaged case in such sad shape could have left Newegg, I have no idea. Our Folding Team's leadership was contacted and an RMA ensued. :ninja: So hopefully, if all goes well, SM24 can officially join the ranks of all the other SMx computers this weekend. :thumbsup:

Go Team! :smokin:

High fives all around.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    That's great news, Buddy J. :celebrate

You didn't happen to get any pics of the mangled case, did you? (Morbid curiousity.)

May SM24 have a long and productive life. We're all glad she's in such good hands. :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I should have taken pics of the atrocity but due to the graphic nature of the subject, it probably wouldn't be appropriate for this site. After all, we must think of the children...

Actually, I left my digicam at work that day. I wish I'd taken some.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited April 2005
    Folding rigs need cases? :confused:
    edited April 2005
    Donut wrote:
    Folding rigs need cases? :confused:
    Well, the level of "need" could be debated, but a case keeps the parts the team has donated a lot safer than having them running commando.

Besides, if you didn't have one, where would you put the case badge? ;D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited April 2005
    :thumbsup:
    It just struck me funny, as I was in the process of putting one of my rigs into a case also. :D
    edited April 2005
    I have nine computers Folding in my apartment right now, five with cases and four without. Some of them are not here permanently, but if they were they would all have cases. This is mainly due to noise, plus the fact that having no shielding on four of them really screws up the AM radio when I'm trying to listen to the ballgame. :mullet: