2 dsl modems, 1 pc

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I have 2 dsl modems taht I want to use. I want to setup Firefox to go through one and everything else to go through the other. Is this possible? I am going to hook each up to a different outlet, so they get their own signal. Can I expect 384 out of each one? How do I setup Firefox to go out of one and not the other. Tried figuring this out myself but... WEll, you all know way more about this stuff than I do... :cool:

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    You will need 2 phonelines and a isp thats willing to activate a second line (bell canada charges x2 as much a month) *first problem*
    then you need a special router I forgot the name of that retails for $600usd. (might be a way to do it cheeper but I havent seen one)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    You need a load-balancing router. Zytel makes a couple of good ones.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    Even if his ISP lets him have multiple IP's for the two modems..

I don't understand how your gonna tie one browser to one specific NIC and another differant browser to a second NIC. Or when he says "everything else goes throught the second modem" is he talking FTP site or website or??

I see no way to tie the program to a specific NIC/connection and thats what he is asking.

Tex
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited May 2005
    I want to setup Firefox to go through one and everything else to go through the other. Is this possible? I am going to hook each up to a different outlet, so they get their own signal. Can I expect 384 out of each one? How do I setup Firefox to go out of one and not the other.
    why on earth would u wanna do that??