madmat Folds Up 10K

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited May 2005 in Milestones
We have a lot of fun participating in the F@H project. There are awards to be won, conquests to be made, and personal goals to strive for. We try to make the Milestone Forum a partying kind of place where friends gather together to pat their teammates on the back and recognize their achievements.

Every once in a while we find ourselves reminded of why it is we do this. The fun and good times are great, but the most important thing is that everyone who Folds is helping to bring us all closer to the day when the solutions for many of the diseases which affect us all will be found.

Just a few days ago, our friend Matt lost his mom after a long battle with cancer and heart disease. We all feel for you, man.

I'm sure she is very pleased to see that her son just reached a significant milestone in the war against some of the same things which she had fought for so long. Congratulations, madmat - we're all with you today. :)

:thumbsup:

:fold:
:fold::fold:
:fold::fold::fold:
:fold::fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited April 2005
    great job madmat.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    Mat, good you are able to come back folding.
    Congrats on your new milestone. :thumbsup:

Take care

Jon
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited April 2005
    MadMat,
    Congratulations on your milestone!!! :thumbsup:

And a very timely reminder of why we are all folding. We all want these diseases to be a thing of the past and the more that we can contribute towards a cure the better.

all the best m8

Siggy
  • edited May 2005
    The congrats belong to Dexter and mtgoat who both kindly dedicated a week's worth of folding to my username.

I feel bad but I can't fold right now. On top of losing my mom I lost my job as well so I'm still not able to support the added electricity usage folding requires as well as being stuck on dialup. Those new great big wu's are kind of large to download and upload and I'm not sure of how to stop my machine from requesting 'em.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the fold (so to speak) and get my rig back into the swing of things but for right now it's just not practical.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Just hang in there, Matt. We'll still be around when circumstances allow you to get rolling again. I wish there was more I could say or do to help you out. Please know that we are all here if you need us.

It may not seem like it right now, but things will get easier eventually. You have a lot of friends here to lean on until they do. :wave: