Unlocking Sempron

07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Is it possible to unlock a sempron? I have a sempron 2600+ and a A7N8x-E Deluxe and I overclock. But it will not let me surpass 12.5x 182mhz. Someone told me you can unlock athlons but not semprons. Is this true? Would the process for unlocking an athlon be the same on the sempron? thanks :thumbsup:

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited April 2005
    I believe that the late model XPs and Semprons are all locked. Except the XP mobiles!
    My 2000XP's I bought when the Sempron first came out are both hard locked.

I don't know about the socket 754's
  • edited May 2005
    Donut pretty much hit the nail on the head about the locked procs.

As for A64, both the socket 754 and socket 939 procs are downward unlocked but the multi can't be raised higher than what the proc is rated for, except on the FX-5x series socket 939 and socket 940 boards.
  • edited June 2005
    sempron is superlock
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2005
    yeah i built a 2500+ sempron + A7N8X-E Dlx for a friend, and i couldnt overclock it worth a damn. Gawd my 'ole AXP does better lol
  • edited July 2005
    you can multiplier unlock Skt A Semprons relatively easily - you just need to close an L5 bridge with conductive paint, see here, which turns it into a mobile, multiplier unlocked chip. I don't know the max multiplier you can reach as I haven't tried, but it goes down to 5 happily enough :)

no idea on S754 though, perhaps a similar approach ie. trying to find the bridge that determines desktop/ mobile and closing it?