Unmountable Boot Drive Error

Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
edited April 2005 in Hardware
I was using my friend's Compaq Presario 2500 laptop to help render files for my animation project in Maya. It had been working fine for like a day and I just now got an error that said there was a problem with the ATI driver and went to this terrible 640x480 display and said to restart to get it working properly. Upon restart it presented an error screen saying Unmountable_Boot_Drive. Couldn't boot into safe mode or any other configuration. In the recovery console, I ran chkdsk and it says it found one or more errors on the volume. I'm not sure what the best course of action is to take from here. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    When you ran chkdsk did you put the /r switch on to (attempt to) repair it?
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited April 2005
    No, I wasn't sure whether that could potentially cause anymore problems. Interesting though, I just now exited out of the repair console and tried restarting just to see what would happen and it loaded up fine. Do you think the hard drive is just starting to fail, or would the windows xp disk have modified the boot.ini file, cause I think a problem with that file wil give the unmountable boot disk error as well.