.ogm?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Internet & Media
I downloaded a video that seems to be an OGM file, which I think is similar to an OGG file? What will play this?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Zoom player and BSplayer should play that :D.

You will have to google there names to find them (im not sure of there sites)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Media Player Classic. You need XViD and OGGDS (Which is <a href="http://tobias.everwicked.com/oggds.htm&quot; target="_blank">here</a>)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Or VLC Media Player from www.videolan.org : Uses its own codecs and rendering so you don't have to get anything else (but it can't play QT or RealMedia).

.ogm is an ogg container format that can have audio and video. It's more advanced than avi since it can include multiple streams (e.g. select audio language) and subtitles as well. The video itself, contained in the ogm, might be encoded in DivX or what have you.
    .ogg files are audio files using the format Ogg Vorbis.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Winamp 5 will do it provided you have the appropriate DirectShow codecs installed (same as any player that uses the DirectShow engine). GSpot will be able to analyze the file and tell you which codecs you'll need, or you can just get a massive codec pack and not worry about it.

-drasnor :fold:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2005
    except vobsub doesn't work with winamp, so pretty much any other video player is a better choice
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Using VLC, it's pretty nice. The video looks amazing in quality too.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I need to edit the video, I also want to build a VCD with it. Pinnacle Studio 9 doesn't seem to recognize the file, is there something I need to do?

Or how would I make the file an AVI or MPEG of some sort readable by most programs like quicktime?
    edited May 2005
    You'd need to convert it.

Ideally you'd want to demux the audio stream with virtualdubmod, then disable the audio stream. Then set the video to direct stream copy, and send it to a rather large disk in YUV lossless uncompressed (RAW will work, so will the HuffYUV codec).. Then you can convert it normally.

OGMs are, 99% of the time, XViD. Premiere and Pinnacle suck at XViD.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Thanks, but I didn't understand your explaination Thrax. How would I convert it, and with what software?
    edited May 2005
    I'll have a better explanation later tonight. It's going to be long and complicated, and I'm feeling very lazy right now.

What format do you want to convert to?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    MPEG, I plan on making it a VCD.
    edited May 2005
    Why not SVCD?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    Why not SVCD?

I didn't think of that, I'll do that instead. I really don't know much in this arena, SVCD's are better quality correct? But you can't fit as much video though?

I wanna try to learn more which is what all this is about, building these right now including chapters, menu's and all that good stuffs, then once I get a DVD-/+RW I'll do that too.
    edited May 2005
    SVCDs are very near to DVD quality, and fit about 30-45 minutes a CD depending on how good you want it.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    When can I expect that guide Thrax? Not to rush you or anything, I really appreciate the help :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Anyone have any idea on converting this file type so I can put it on SVCD?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    OK I now have a DVD Writer, which can do Dual Layer as well!

Is there a method or guide around that anyone knows of that will help me do this?
  • iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
    edited June 2005
    juz asking...how old is this vlc player...and how good is it??? is there anyway to convert the ogm file into a avi or mpg??