hi guys tried all sorts
p4 3.06
abit ic7g mobo
1 gig of giel, 2 maxtor 160 gig raid 0
2 120 wd raid 0
xp pro sp2
pc been running ok for last few weeks been folding and downloading
shut down last night to give her a break
tried to boot up this morn got to log on where i put password in for pc and shut down as typing in tried to boot several times just let it boot got to log on screen 5 sec shut down and restarted
tried in safe mode says windows needs to be activated in normal mode but cannt get into normal mode its ghosted but got aload of data ;) i dont want to lose any ideas how i can get in to windows thanx for lookin :bawling:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    red777 wrote:
    ...tried in safe mode says windows needs to be activated in normal mode...
    Have you activated Windows previously?
  • edited May 2005
    thanx for reply yes activated loads of times must be somthing wrong ever since sp2
    can get to login in safe mode ok so i can get on net on this machine but in normal mode ,like i said 5 secs and shuts down
    edited May 2005
    When in Safe Mode, try this:
    Click Start>>Run, then type:

regsvr32 regwizc.dll

Then, Click Start>>Run, then type:

regsvr32 licdll.dll

Reboot. Windows should ask you to reactive.

If activation fails at that point, call the 800 number which (hopefully) will be on your screen.

Also, there was a virus out which would shut your computer down like that. Let me see if I can find the details.
    edited May 2005
    I made a new reply, since I was afraid you'd miss my edit.

You should read up on the W32.Blaster.Worm
  • edited May 2005
    hi it wont even allow me into safe mode of any description keeps saying activation needed in normal mode but cant do anything is there a way i can do a repair with windows cd in any advice gratefully accepted ,once again thanx for your help it may be the worm that has bitten me but my norton products should have picked it up :mad: i have systemworks2005 and internet security 2005 both installed and norton spam on my emails must be summat kids picked up on msn :shakehead
    thanx red
    edited May 2005
    To do a Repair Install:

1) Make sure the bios is set so your cdrom drive is the first boot device.

2) Put your WinXP CD in the drive, start the computer, then watch for a line like "Press any key to boot from CD".

3) Continue as if it were a clean install, until it gets to the point where it finds your existing Windows installation.

4) Pick the option to repair the current Windows installation, not add another one.

5) The rest is automatic. :)
  • edited May 2005
    hi will i have to put my sata drivers on a floppy and f6 managed to get in safe mode did what u said but did,nt lead to anything
    thanx for reply will give this a go cann,t understand how i can use pc in safe mode transferring all data onto other drives and it wont get to log in screen :confused:
    edited May 2005
    red777 wrote:
    hi will i have to put my sata drivers on a floppy and f6...
    Yes, you will. :)
  • HeartSmasherEliteHeartSmasherElite Microsoft OS Tech Support
    edited May 2005
    I hope it works you should try that as soon as possible :D

<blink>:DAS SOON AS POSSIBLE:D</blink>