Run-time errors

edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
For some time small windows have been popping up on my screen when I am on the internet, particularly when clicking through to another page. In general, it reads: A Run-Time error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 1 - Error: H is undefined (of course, the line and object change)

Then when I click yes, another larger window containing code opens (called Microsoft Development Environment) with another, smaller window, containing a message which reads: an exception of type Microsoft JScript Runtime. Error: H is undefined and was not handled. Source code is not available for the current statment.
Huh?

Sometimes I get one window after another and none of these errors can be 'handled' when I click through.

Windows Help does not have 'run-time errors' in the index, so I am stumped. And even then, not understanding the problem, I hesitate to deal with it without guidance.
Anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Usually it's just some scripting error on a webpage - translation: there's nothing wrong on your end, there's a problem with the jscript code on the page.

You can try changing to firefox {a different (better) browser}:
    www.mozilla.org
  • edited May 2005
    This is happening regularly, in the last couple of months, not just a page here and there. Sometimes I have to clear several windows before the page settles down and occasionally the page is just too buggy and I can't go anywhere. Does this mean everyone using IE is experiencing the same thing?

I'll definitely check out mozilla. Thanks.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Open IE, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options". Go to the "Advanced" tab and make sure your settings match the three areas marked with a red dot. (See the attached picture)

If that doesn't solve your problem, a trip to the Spyware/Virus/Trojan Forum might be in order.

Firefox is a nice alternative, too.