Windows Update NOT WORKING!

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
I haven't patched up Windows for a long time now, and this is freaking me out. I've checked for spyware and stuff but that didn't fix it. Restarting doesn't help.

Sorry the picture's so big, but I can't make it smaller without making the text unreadable. :mad:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Is the Automatic Updates service enabled? I had the same problem when it was just set to "Auto".

You might try setting Automatic Updates & BITS to "Enabled", then reboot to see if that makes a difference.
  • HeartSmasherEliteHeartSmasherElite Microsoft OS Tech Support
    edited May 2005
    I recently had to uninstall windows update for a friend because it was infected
    (I got banned from the SVT forums for this good advice)
    How did I get a clean one back onto the machine
    I had windows XP Pro disc and the Service Pack 2 disc from Microsoft repaired it and kablaam windows update was back up and running.

So before uninstalling the update check your disc to see if you have the file on it/ run a repair on windows.

If you dont have the disc or windows update do not uninstall windows update :shakehead
    edited May 2005
    Really don't do it if it doesn't give you the option of installing it
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Who said anything about uninstalling something? :rolleyes:
    edited May 2005
    Its kind of like my norton problem the dumb dumbs said uninstall it if it doesn't work and well it still doesn't work.

Just use that repair and I hope that works it works most of the time :thumbsup:

If all else fails well cry like I did with norton :bawling:
    edited May 2005
    If you cant turn it on. But it probably is just disabled use msconfig and turn that baby on