GA-7A8DW XP64 SI 3114 Install Problem

edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
Hi there!

I read some interesting stuff in this forum but nothing related to my problem!
I have a gigabyte-7A8DW mobo and i´m trying to install XP x64 on my computer but i cant install the SATA driver. After i pressed F6 i tried to install the si3114 driver provided on my mobos instalation CD and i got the following error:

file\amd64\si3114.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2335 in d:\srvrtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Can somebody please tell me how can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Sorry correction to the above:

My mobo is a gigabyte GA-7A8DW

Can somebody help me?

Thanks
    Jorge Neto
  • edited May 2005
    I'm not sure, but I think Windows XP64 already HAS those drivers. Maybe You should try installing windows by skipping this part.
    BTW, is Your BIOS set to SATA as it should be? Are You creating RAID?
    Try it and let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Play
  • edited May 2005
    Thanks Playtimer!!

I thought so as well but when i did that a message appeared saying that i didnt have any HDD to install windows to! Strange isnt it? I thought because is a new windows all the SATA drivers would have been builted in it!! I think is a major fault on the new windows X64 anyway i hope sillicon immage decides to put new drivers available for it because none of them work. They worked fine for the 32 bits version but for the 64 it has been a nightmare!!

I have just one SATA HDD so i dont want to create a RAID. In my BIOS i have 3 options for SATA:
    RAID
    NORMAL
    DISABLE
    and i´m using normal

Thanks
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2005
    Thread split and moved. Please do not double, or even triple post on the exact same subject. Thanks. :)

See here for a continuation of this discussion: http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272259#post272259
This discussion has been closed.