Need reccomendations for PC

2»

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    ok, im glad the OCZ PSU will work fine. I guess i will wait till the last minute and see if newegg gets the new core in for the athlons. I will probably purchase my pc on may 26, if newegg doesnt have the new san diegos in then i will just get the venice core. either way, its still a good buy.
    I can certainly recomend Monarch as several here have used them and they have a rating almost as good as Newegg on Reseller Ratings Dot Com. So if NE having it in stock is all that would keep you from getting one you may want to think about it. Mine will be here on Tuesday!!! :D
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited May 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    I can certainly recomend Monarch as several here have used them and they have a rating almost as good as Newegg on Reseller Ratings Dot Com. So if NE having it in stock is all that would keep you from getting one you may want to think about it. Mine will be here on Tuesday!!! :D
    I will look into that. How much more expensive are the san diegos?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    According to AMD's release notes, the San Diego is only being released on the 4000+. It's 1MB of L2 cache instead of the Venice's 512k.

The Athlon 64 has steadfastly proven that 512k vs 1mb is inconsequential.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    According to AMD's release notes, the San Diego is only being released on the 4000+. It's 1MB of L2 cache instead of the Venice's 512k.

The Athlon 64 has steadfastly proven that 512k vs 1mb is inconsequential.
    Thrax,

Then what did I just buy??? :eek:
    mtgoat wrote: