Bad stick of PC3200 VX

edited May 2005 in Hardware
Mack, I'm almost positive I have a bad stick of PC3200 VX Gold. I bought a 1 gig kit for the dfi system and I was having crashing problems. I ran memtest and I was getting loads of errors with both sticks installed, so I had pulled 1 stick out since this is a dedicated folding system anyways and really doesn't need a gig of ram. After I pulled the second stick out, the board ran flawlessly and the ram was passing memtest at 250 MHz ddr speed with 2-2-2-10 timings and 3.2v vdimm.

Anyways, I ordered another nf3-250gb board and bought a mobile claw from Tex right before I went offshore to work 2 weeks ago and the stuff came in while I was at work. I built the machine up last night before I fell off to sleep and installed the second stick of VX in the new setup. I started messing with it today and I have tried running memtest86 at 200 fsb at 2-2-2-10 timings (with errors), 2-3-3-10 timings (with errors) and now at default 3-3-3-8 timings (also with errors) and with 3.1v vdimm set. This is with the ram installed in dimm 1 of this mobo.

What do I do about getting an RMA on this? :)

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    mudd,

Sorry for not seing this before now. I need to get SM email me as soon as a post comes in here. Email me so we can replace your ram.
  • edited May 2005
    I sent you an email, Mack. :)
    edited May 2005
    And replied to :)
  • edited May 2005
    Never had probs with Crucial..go with Corsair they are the market leaders after all with the best RAM on the market! ;)
    edited May 2005
    Never had probs with Crucial..go with Corsair they are the market leaders after all with the best RAM on the market! ;)

That make absolutely no sense at all ;D
  • edited May 2005
    well what I am just saying that never heard of any probs with corsair or crucial ram, arent OCZ supposed to be good? I just bought 2 sticks of ultra performance OCZ ram lol hope i dont get any problems.
  • edited May 2005
    Well, I just received my replacement ram from OCZ; they gave me a free upgrade to the PC4000VX too. :thumbsup:

well what I am just saying that never heard of any probs with corsair or crucial ram, arent OCZ supposed to be good? I just bought 2 sticks of ultra performance OCZ ram lol hope i dont get any problems.

I've had bad sticks of ram from both Crucial and Corsair too and they've both been great to deal with for RMA'ing too. Of the three though, Crucial was definitely the fastest on replacing the ram. They cross-shipped next day air and they also payed the shipping charges to ship the defective ram back. But I'm not going to knock either Corsair or OCZ either for their support, which is superb. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help, Mack! :cool: It is really appreciated.