Another noob question

Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
I am currently working on a WU where the protein has nothing but carbon in it. Sorry to ask so much, but I cant find info on this. Whats it all about? p1476_tet_2nm

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    if you can zoom out you may find a single or few other elements. Carbon is the most dominent element.
    I think if you right click on the image it may give you the zoom option.

Well I zoomed out on one of mine and I see only carbon ...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    I don't even see that one on Stanford's Project list. :scratch:
    edited May 2005
    maybe it's a secret? ;)
  • S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited May 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    I don't even see that one on Stanford's Project list. :scratch:

It doesn't show on any of the points lists either but it went through Beta status in early March.
    edited May 2005
    Is it coming through -advmethods?
  • edited May 2005
    Those wu's are using new methodology according to Vijay, and they are very excited about the results coming from the p147x series of wu's, which are the only ones using this modeling method so far. They also fold fast as hell and are stellar points producers. As far as why they aren't listed on any of the psummary pages, I have no idea on earth why they aren't. :confused: They used to be listed, but the last several days they show up on none of the psummary pages. The only p147x that shows anywhere's are the p1475 wu's, which were the first of this series to come out a few months ago. There has also been a p1476 series, a p1477 series and now they have just started testing the latest of the series. They are all worth 364 points, with a prefered deadline of 35 days and a final deadline of 52 days.
  • edited May 2005
    csimon wrote:
    Is it coming through -advmethods?

No, I got a p1476 today using no special flags at all. The client just has BP work activated.
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited May 2005
    No special flags. This seem to fold slower on my machine, I hope for many points. I also do not see any element other than carbon.
  • edited May 2005
    Maybe it's a new diamond making process?
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited May 2005
    that would be cool. first folder gets a free bag of diamonds.