Overclocking memory

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Anyone have some recommendations on good memory to do some (not-too-brave) overclocking with?

It would be for this mobo: MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM Socket 939

with this processor:
Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Any TCCD ddr would be a good choice for it, keebs. I see that Newegg has the OCZ PC3200 EL Plat. Rev2 for less than $200 shipped now. I paid way more than that several months ago when I bought mine. :bawling:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    This TCCD from G.SKILL is pretty hot too!
    Or this Patriot XBLK
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Cool, thanks guys :)
  • edited May 2005
    I was going to reccomend the G.Skill as well, it seems that newegg has quite a selection of it and the prices I've seen are very good compared to the top name stuff like Corsair, Geil, Mushkin and OCZ.

I'm not dissing those guys by no means but when you're just wanting to play around a bit why spend twice the money on something you'll likely never see any divedends from?
  • edited May 2005
    Because TCCD can run 2-2-2-5 1t timings up to around 230 MHz or so, giving a very noticable performance increase with an A64 machine.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    The new BH5 is much faster than TCCD at the same fsb/htt. However, TCCD can be overclocked to a very high level with looser timings. One thing to remember though ,2,2,2,5 timings at 220 fsb beats TCCD at 2.5,3,3,7 timings and 260 fsb even if the cpu speed is the same.