Does mother board come with network card

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I want to buy a DFI LanParty Ultra-D, i discover that this board comes with some kind of sound device that seems realy great. But is this board comes with a network device too ? I mean, does i need to buy a good network card or this mb can do the job for me ? I read some review but don't found anything about that... But there's a seller in a computer store that told me that some mb comes with network device. My computer will be a gaming beast so im planing on doing a lot of LAN party... Need advice again guys :D

Thank you. :)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yes, it does.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Even better yet. It comes with 2 Gigabit Lan's!!! :D

So you not only get 10/100 you get 10/100/1000 (X2).

It doesn't get anybetter than that. :cool:

There are also 6X USB2.0 onboard w/ 4 more via the mobo header and 1394 Firewire onboard.

4X SATA-II along with the 2 channel (4 device) PATA all which are capable of being used in RAID.

These boards totally rock!!!

Link to official DFI page
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited May 2005
    Great !!! I think that there's a lot of great things on this motherboard for the price ! :D

So i don't have to buy one network card, yes i love to save money when i can :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2005
    Not only do you not have to buy one network card, you can use your pc as a simple router for internet connection sharing by simply hooking up to broadband on nic #1 enabling I.C.S. and hooking a switch up to nic #2 and running the internet out to all your other pc's via the switch.

I know that doesn't impress most people but being able to save the 80 bucks a router would cost me impresses the heck out of me. ;D