My computer is on his way, thankx to Short-Media !

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I finaly made it ! :D

My computer is on his way ! Well it may take some times for my dealer* to order and pick all thoses premium hardware pieces together, but the count down is begin !

* : i buy it from a well known computer-shop here in Quebec, because i think is a good thing to have a 1 year guarantee from a shop for everything in my computer, it remove a lot of trouble... and the prices are almost the same as on the web for most parts.

specs

MOTHERBOARD : DFI LAN PARTY UT NF4 ULTRA-D (NON-SLI)

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E (ADA4000DAA5BN) (939)
(SAN DIEGO CORE)

HEATSINK for CPU : Thermalright XP-90C
+ 1 Fan Panaflo 92mm L1A (Panasonic)

RAM : OCZ 1Gb PC4000 DDR Dual Channel
EL Voltage Extreme Gold VX (2 x 512Mb) <- :D

VIDEO CARD : ATI RADEON X850 XT-PE

HD : SEAGATE 7200.7 120GB SERIAL ATA

PSU : PC Power & Cooling 510 Express

CASING : Lian Li v2000 BLACK <- Yes i've magicaly found some bucks to buy one ;)

DVD : NEC Black 16X DVD+/-R DVD Burner support Dual Layer, Model ND-3520A BK

UPS Power protection : Tripp Lite LS606M

MONITOR : SAMSUNG 915N-Black 19" LCD Monitor with 8ms Response Time

Since there's a lot of your knowledge in the choice of the pieces i post this as a well-greatfull-thankx to all of you guys ;)

The only thing i'll think about in a near future (after got this puter in my house) will be to evaluate if the SEAGATE 7200.7 120GB SERIAL ATA provide me enough satisfaction. Then i'll maybe buy 2 raptor and put it in RAID-0, and i'll use the SEAGATE as BACK-UP storage disk. (Yes lemonlime it's almost what you did, but its a great idea for a side-solution to boost performance if im not satisfied :thumbsup: )

For the other pieces i don't think i can be wrong with all i have read here and on the web. :) Some of you realy help me a lot ! Without you there's several mistakes i was going to made... Im not the best to solve hardware problems (im surely about 500 times better in programmation and software) but you can count me as a new active member for a long time here at Short Media ! You are for sure the best anything-about-computer-forum that i've found ! :thumbsup:

But... for now the worst part is coming for me... WAITING :bawling:

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    OMG!!!!

That will be a rig to drool about.

The only thing i would do is to mod the mainboard to be able to do sata2 and buy 2 cheap sata2 drives and one big storagedrive.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited May 2005
    SATA2 ? Well i did not even know anything about SATA2 technology exsitance. Im actualy searching the web about this technology... On what i've read just about now it seems like SATA2 is just a way to read SATA drive that double the transfert rate ? Am i correct ?

You're telling me about some mod to add SATA2 to my board... what kind of mod are you talking about ?

Thankx
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    All you have to do is to join a pair of connectors on the chipset. Then your existing Nvidia sataports becomes sata2 ports. I just installed a pair of sata2 drives in raid0 and they are a lot faster than ide and sata drives. Not twice as fast, but a lot faster.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    GooD wrote:
    I finaly made it ! :D

My computer is on his way ! Well it may take some times for my dealer* to order and pick all thoses premium hardware pieces together, but the count down is begin !

* : i buy it from a well known computer-shop here in Quebec, because i think is a good thing to have a 1 year guarantee from a shop for everything in my computer, it remove a lot of trouble... and the prices are almost the same as on the web for most parts.

specs

MOTHERBOARD : DFI LAN PARTY UT NF4 ULTRA-D (NON-SLI)

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E (ADA4000DAA5BN) (939)
    (SAN DIEGO CORE)

HEATSINK for CPU : Thermalright XP-90C
    + 1 Fan Panaflo 92mm L1A (Panasonic)

RAM : OCZ 1Gb PC4000 DDR Dual Channel
    EL Voltage Extreme Gold VX (2 x 512Mb) <- :D

VIDEO CARD : ATI RADEON X850 XT-PE

HD : SEAGATE 7200.7 120GB SERIAL ATA

PSU : PC Power & Cooling 510 Express

CASING : Lian Li v2000 BLACK <- Yes i've magicaly found some bucks to buy one ;)

DVD : NEC Black 16X DVD+/-R DVD Burner support Dual Layer, Model ND-3520A BK

UPS Power protection : Tripp Lite LS606M

MONITOR : SAMSUNG 915N-Black 19" LCD Monitor with 8ms Response Time

Since there's a lot of your knowledge in the choice of the pieces i post this as a well-greatfull-thankx to all of you guys ;)

The only thing i'll think about in a near future (after got this puter in my house) will be to evaluate if the SEAGATE 7200.7 120GB SERIAL ATA provide me enough satisfaction. Then i'll maybe buy 2 raptor and put it in RAID-0, and i'll use the SEAGATE as BACK-UP storage disk. (Yes lemonlime it's almost what you did, but its a great idea for a side-solution to boost performance if im not satisfied :thumbsup: )

For the other pieces i don't think i can be wrong with all i have read here and on the web. :) Some of you realy help me a lot ! Without you there's several mistakes i was going to made... Im not the best to solve hardware problems (im surely about 500 times better in programmation and software) but you can count me as a new active member for a long time here at Short Media ! You are for sure the best anything-about-computer-forum that i've found ! :thumbsup:

But... for now the worst part is coming for me... WAITING :bawling:
    Awesome Cant wait to see your benchmarks :D
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited May 2005
    I'll post them as soon as i can :D