slipstreamed sp2 manually

borzborz Brisbane ,Qld
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
hi dere . think i got this in the wrong section sorry !!!
but anyway i slipstreamed my sp2 manually . i extracted the .img file and when i was ready to to burn my bootable cd . nero told me the file was too big . the intregration was successfull as well .

have i missed something . by the way one used that nite program !!

thanks in advance

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    How big was the file? You could try this program. Worked like a charm for me and pretty easy to follow (screenshots at the bottom of the page).
  • borzborz Brisbane ,Qld
    edited May 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    How big was the file? You could try this program. Worked like a charm for me and pretty easy to follow (screenshots at the bottom of the page).

thanks black hawk . i got it sorted wasnt following instructions . but anway having trouble now creating a bootable cd using nero 6.6.0.12

any ideas ?

thanks mate
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2005
    borz wrote:
    thanks black hawk . i got it sorted wasnt following instructions . but anway having trouble now creating a bootable cd using nero 6.6.0.12

any ideas ?

thanks mate
    Follow the instructions on the below page of MM's slipstreaming guide. It will walk you through what you need to do to make a CD bootable using Nero.

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=284&p=7

Cheers :)
  • maggie99635maggie99635 Alaska
    edited May 2005
    Version 6.x
    1. Insert a blank CD into your CD writer.
    2. Launch Nero Burning CD-ROM.
    3. Select "Recorder".
    4. In the Recorder Menu, choose "Burn Image".
    5. Browse to the location where the ISO image was saved on your hard drive.
    6. Select the ISO image file and select Open.
    7. Select Burn.
    I have used Slipstreamer to do Win2000SP4 and XP SP2. Not too interested in adding drivers or tweaking the OS so I don't use Nlite