Not sure what drivers(SATA)

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
So I am working my way through the nLite thing, but I am only starting and just thought of a question. What drivers do I need for my SATA drive?

I have an MSI Neo-FISR, and it has two floppies I need to put in for when I reformat using the F6 thing. Of course I don't have those disks anymore for some reason. So I went through MSI's site and it's not as easy to find what I need as it used to be, it used to at least have the model numbers on the downloads section to show what you need and what will work and what won't!

So far I downloaded the VIA RAID drivers, and I was looking through the S-M downloads section and don't see VIA drivers there, but I do see Promise and I notice in the details of my motherboard on their site that it mentions both VIA and Promise for my SATA!!!! WTF!?!

I'm lost, and all I wanna do is get the correct... MOST up to date drivers I can get.

I am unhappy with MSI right now for changing up their downloads sections like that, it was so easy a few months ago to find what I needed. Now it's stupid and blind.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    PLEASE!

I have no idea which I need in order to boot from an SATA device.... I'll never buy MSI again.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited May 2005
    RWB wrote:
    So I am working my way through the nLite thing, but I am only starting and just thought of a question. What drivers do I need for my SATA drive?

I have an MSI Neo-FISR, and it has two floppies I need to put in for when I reformat using the F6 thing. Of course I don't have those disks anymore for some reason. So I went through MSI's site and it's not as easy to find what I need as it used to be, it used to at least have the model numbers on the downloads section to show what you need and what will work and what won't!

So far I downloaded the VIA RAID drivers, and I was looking through the S-M downloads section and don't see VIA drivers there, but I do see Promise and I notice in the details of my motherboard on their site that it mentions both VIA and Promise for my SATA!!!! WTF!?!

I'm lost, and all I wanna do is get the correct... MOST up to date drivers I can get.

I am unhappy with MSI right now for changing up their downloads sections like that, it was so easy a few months ago to find what I needed. Now it's stupid and blind.
    Hi mate, I believe there is more than one MSI Neo-FISR motherboard, could you be more specific e.g. 875P Neo-FISR , PT880 Neo-FISR etc