graphics messin up when I....

SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
edited May 2005 in Hardware
When i told some of you that i had my APG overclocked in the system bios to 100mhz, Some of you said to lower it back down to 66mhz...Well i did that and about an hour ago i was watching TV and looked over at my pc and saw that the screen saver looked like all the colors were smearing together or looked like all the colors were messing up...im pretty sure the screen saver does not have grfix like that on it..Its the gold fish fishbowl from LIFEGLOBE.com well i saw this and so i turned off the pc and went to the bios and moved the AGP mhz back to 100mhz i then went to properties and previewed the screen saver and everything looked fine...Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Is that the only place you are having trouble? What happens when you play a game for an hour or so? If it's just the screensaver, I'd be inclined to think it's just an isolated incident. :)
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    um ive never had problems with the screen saver b4. i have never seen the screen saver do this b4. games like farcry maxed out graphics play perfect when the AGP is ovrclk to 100mhz.
    when the AGP slot is over clocked to 66mhz my game play is ok untill lots of explosions and such are going on,but not at 100mhz

ill just remove the damn screen saver if you think its only the screen saver..but when i lower the mhz in the bios for my AGP slot..i get crapy game play 30% of the time(farcry)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    There's really not enough data to go on for me to say that it's merely the screensaver. I was just raising the question of whether your problem happened in that one isolated instance, or was more widespread.

What seems weird is that you seem to have fewer problem with the 100MHz OC than you do with the standard 66MHz setting. If your gaming is much improved at the higher setting and your screensaver problem only shows up at the lower one, I'd think it must be the screensaver.

What are your system specs?
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    i hope this is what you need

NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb
    Athlon64 Socket 754 processor 3000+ ovrclk. 2.4
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600gt
    AMD64 3000+ ovrclk.2.4ghz
    Windows 64-bit (service pack1, v.1812)
    Two DDR400 Slots 1gig muskin 3200
    1 x AGP (8x)
    1 x PCI