Will Any Case Fit..???

SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I have a IDEQ 210p.this is my first pc other than HP pavillions and such.the case keeps everything very cool.and it has color changing leds on front glass..im just now realizing all of the differnt cases and mods that people have..so many people have great lookin pc's MY QUESTION IS ARE THERE ANY CASES WITH SEE THRU SIDES AND SUCH THAT I CAN TRANSFER MY HARDWARE TOO..???
ive been told by a 17 year old that im stuck with this case, IS THIS TRUE..?? :confused:

Comments

• SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    heres a link my case specs...thx for any help!!!!
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/barebone/ideq/210p/index.php3
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited May 2005
    I googled but couldn't find the exact motherboard dimensions and layout for the biostar. Its possible you might be able to swap the motherboard into another SFF case or a standard case with appropriate headers .. but its likely going to be a pain.

Its possible that this case could fit the bill... but it is a mATX so no gaurantees and you'll likely have to modify things:
    http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=288

You could always mod the case you have; doing it yourself is half the fun.
    edited May 2005
    umm.yes ive seen this case around at a few different sites,looks good.
    as far as moding the case myself..lol i have no idea where to begin.. thankx for youre help.!! :)
    edited May 2005
    Dimensions : 210mm x 323mm x 187mm

i found these dimensions,but i don think these are for the MB..i got them from a french site..lol
    http://www.ldlc.ch/fiche/PB00025803.html
    edited May 2005
    Dimensions :
    Format : Flex-ATX
    Alimentation 200W
    Taille boîtier : 210 x 323 x 187 mm does this FLEX-ATX mean its the ormat of the MB?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Flex-Atx is the form factor of the MB.

It should fit in any case - the mb mount points should line up with some of the standard ATX/mATX standoffs.

If you want a cool project, try putting it in one of these cases:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3669&item=6767417345&rd=1

You should be able to find them cheaper than that too :)
    edited May 2005
    i think im gonna try it.. thanks..!!! :D
    just not in that case,im going to talk with a few people and see if we can fit it in this...
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2005
    The motherboard in the IDEQ 210p is a K8NBP Grand.
    Searching has not found a diagram with sufficient info as to whether it has holes in the right places to fit another case.

The manual i found online states 6 holes, so i would expect it to fit in the upper part of any larger case.

If not, you could always buy another simular Biostar motherboard and fit everything over without too much drama.
    edited May 2005
    If not, you could always buy another simular Biostar motherboard and fit everything over without too much drama.[/QUOTE]

ive been looking into this, i guess i jumped in a little to early,as i did not know that much about the computer and gaming world, this has been a lesson,i will keep this pc and just buy a new mother board and case, at least i dont have to buy another CPU or video card..THANK YOU ALL..!!!
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2005
    Before buying another mobo, have a look at the mounting holes in your IDEQ 210p. They may well fit the case as it is.

Most cases have extra threaded holes in the mobo backing plate to suit different type of boards. Might save you a few $$$.
    edited May 2005
    will do, ill let you know how many holes and if we find something.. :)
    edited May 2005
    well i had my friend read this forum and then look at my MB and he says theres no way it will fit without modding..oh well.