Options

I need new CPU heatsink and fan

edited May 2005 in Hardware
MY system is at like 67 degrees and the little room i put my pc in is hot, at like 80F.

Im looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106037

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106035

I have at AMD 2500+

Please suggest any other good ones. My budget is no more than $40. If you guys find something other than thermaltake please post! I dont like how its so hard to take it off.

Comments

• edited May 2005
    aznherb36, I found that Newegg has this Zalman CNPS7000B for $38.99 and free shipping. It is a much better hsf than those you linked to and runs quietly too.
  • edited May 2005
    THank!

I searched around and ppl said it may be to big. I want to make sure
    I have this mobo AsusA7N8XX and it doesnt seem like it will fit

http://www.levi.cz/image/AsusA7N8XX.jpg :(
  • edited May 2005
    Yeah, that row of caps are fairly close to the socket. :(

This is stretching your budget just a little if you don't have a spare 80mm or 92mm fan, but Sidewindercomputers has the Thermalright SI-97 for $35.95 plus shipping, which is real reasonable if you use USPS Priority. Sidewindercomputers is a first class company to deal with and I rate them higher than Newegg as a company to buy from. I figure shipping will be in the $5-7 range.
  • edited May 2005
    hmm. I have a 80mm fan but its not a 3 pin and its a regular one, nothing special
  • MeunoukMeunouk Wales, UK
    edited May 2005
    Dunno if you have the rooom or budget but an aerocool HT101 is excellent, apart from that volcano 12
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited May 2005
    Meunouk wrote:
    Dunno if you have the rooom or budget but an aerocool HT101 is excellent, apart from that volcano 12
    i agree,excellent
  • edited May 2005
    aznherb36 wrote:
    hmm. I have a 80mm fan but its not a 3 pin and its a regular one, nothing special

That should work just fine on the SI-97, which is designed just like the XP 90 except for being designed to mount on socket A. You don't need a high cfm, noisy fan on them to get decent cooling.
    edited May 2005
    no, but it is a hell of a heat sink! lol :cool:
  • edited May 2005
    Ya, wheveter, I think IM ganna buy that. I found it for $50.30 shipped

does anyone know a place to get it cheaper?
    edited May 2005
    heres neweggs cost,Newegg.com: $31.49
  • edited May 2005
    thats for the jr. thats not copper
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    How does the aerocool HT101 do with two fans? Is there any significant improvement?
    edited May 2005
    umm, i havent seen them in action. so i really wouldnt know.i would like to though.!!
  • edited May 2005
    I just ordered mine! :D
    edited May 2005
    sweet,Let us know when you get it and how it holds up..!! :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2005
    Solo, just curiouse, do you play cs??
    edited May 2005
    I Played CS for a few weeks and go tired of the game..i liked CS but got tired the gameplay VERY fast..Testing F.E.A.R now..And let me say,if you can get youre hands on this on release..then do it.its a VERY nice fps..F.E.A.R
  • edited May 2005
    I got it and damn, this is nICE :D I went from 67 to 40 :D:D:D I put 2 fans on it and its like not even loud
    edited May 2005
    very nice..!! hope you enjoy..im sure it will take care of what it should.!! :thumbsup: