dual MAG series

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Here are the two Dtek MAG pumps that came in yesterday. They included 1/2" chrome barbs. I can't wait to get them into the loop in series to see how they perform. I will replace the 750 with them and may use the 750 later for a seperate gpu loop. We'll see! :thumbsup:

edit\ I'm testing 3000+/400 @ 2.5gb 1.95v and so far so good.
cpu = 49c
sys = 29c
this will improve when I move into the new house since the ambient is way more stable and cool.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Nice!
  • edited May 2005
    What's with all the extra holes in the pump case? Are the pumps pretty quiet?

I have my 120v pump (Rainbow Lifeguard Quiet One) in my pc and while it's a lot quieter than my Via-Aqua it's far from silent. I never heard it until I added a fanbus to my rig the other day and since I did that I really notice the thrum of that pump.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    what extra holes? They have fins on the sides but no extra holes.
    The pumps are so quiet that I have to physically touch one to tell if it's running or not.
    These are 8w pump with 1-2w of heat dump into the loop ...not enough to make any kind of significant difference.
    135-140 gph and I can get you the pressure if you'd like just not off the top of my head.
  • edited May 2005
    Look where the arrows are, those holes.

Those sound like a nice setup, maybe someday I'll move from a 120v pump to either a single or dual 12v pump setup so I can get my PC up off the floor and back next to my monitor where it should be, those 120v pumps really mess with my monitor for some reason.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited May 2005
    thems is pretty. I need to make myself a custom WC setup, I think I've gotten bored with my Koolance...
    edited May 2005
    Oh those holes!
    Those are the regular holes they aren't extra. The barbs aren't in place yet in the pic.
    I use teflon in a tube that acts as a lube and sealant and I hadn't dug it out of the tackle box yet. That lube is also good for way higher temps than this setup will ever get. It's great stuff I use it on my pool pump and fittings.

There should be some reviews coming fairly soon within a month. They just started shipping a week or so ago.
  • edited May 2005
    Ah, I thought the barbs were in place in that pic, my bad. :thumbsup:
    edited May 2005
    LOL ...well once read your reply I understood how the pic was deceptive ...
    I'll be testing a new flow order next week I'll post the results.